Wednesday, July 05, 2006

on CTV



It was 32 degrees. Now it's 13.

The past few days I have just been trying to complete all my holiday homework which I SWEAR I brought to Singapore to do, and then for some reason, found it on my bed at 6am when I reached home on Friday.

The fact that im back to freezing my nipples off in my wonderfully new and lonely house makes me wish I could be back there, fanning myself frantically, complaining about my marred skin, uneven pigmentation, caused by the sun I have not seen in 3 months.

Superficial things first…

Shopping highlights:
timberland sneakers
wedges from Charles and Keith
Black heels from Charles and Keith
summer dress from some shop at Isetan
Dinner dress from Daniel Yam
Red party top from MNG

Happy things next…

My trip was an all round feel good trip. There were many things to be happy about. I spent about 10 days there and yet, I feel I had not eaten enough good food, and had not shopped enough to call myself Lynn. But most of all, I had not met up with as many friends and as many times as I would have liked. I can't believe I didn’t get time to go to Sentosa! I had brought along 2 of my swimsuits! I also didn’t once go to Hyatt for their tomyum soup!
And I wish I got lost on the mrt for the forth time with xiu hui, who has deemed me the Public Transport Jinx, which I thought was extremely fitting. The last time we took the train up the Eunos and before that, Kallang.
Funnily enough, sex was most definitely the topic of my holiday. For one, there was the bugging of yy about his sex life (during the dinner with man, xiu, wx, wl, yy and den and jon at crystal jade). Then there was the swapping of sex notes with xiu and den on wed nite at tcc. Not forgetting my chat with you-know-who.
Met jo at Holland v and after that using here school bag to cover a HUGE stain on my shorts- after frantically trying to watch it off in the coffee shop toilet with it's pathetic soap.
Met fangyi by a stroke of luck (on my part) when I went to the shithole.
Catching up with shing was good too…before I was on CTV that is, half expecting Ashton Kutcher to pop out of nowhere.
And most definitely having my whole family together, under one roof, my bro coming back from no man's land aka Taiwan, and even driving up to KL to see my mum's family that I haven't in like what 6 years?

emotional things last:

that without a doubt had to be meeting hanafi, now affectionately known to his girlfriends at sch as 'police'. Or what not. Meeting him had to be about one of the most confusing things I had to deal with. I mean, what are we already?! sheesh. Talk about The Chronicles of Lynn & Hanafi. Truly, our rship is barely afloat and in the middle of nowhere. I'm thinking Europe…or the Mediterranean.

Which reminds me, I had two consecutive nightmares starring Hanafi.
Nightmare; Saturday night:

I was having my last day in Singapore, and was doing some last min shopping at taka. I called hanafi to come down and meet me for the last time before I fly off. And he did come to meet me. I noticed there was something different about him, but since everything was hazy, (which really is reflecting the state of our rship) I couldn’t quite place my finger on what was different about him. And then it dawned on me.

He had PLUCKED HIS EYEBROWS. Until there was almost nothing left. Knowing me, I went screaming 'WHY You PLUCK UR EYEBROWS? They were so nice before! Now its so ugly!!' but I was in for yet another surprise when I realised that he had grown LONG HAIR! Now, whether he looked hot with it was not the matter. I was devastated. But now when I think about it, I think I was more devastated at not so much his hair, but by the fact that I was losing him. In the sense that he was drifting farther and farther away anymore, and like where's the hanafi I used to know? But anyway, in my dream I blamed all the changes in him on nan, his friend whom we met at taka, for influencing him to a state of no return.

Nightmare; Sunday night:

I was having a ballet lesson in Singapore Poly. Weird, I know, but then again, aren’t all my dreams? Anyway, while I was dancing away, hanafi was standing outside with slut-who-shall-not-be-named (now don't get tounchy Hanafi, it's not personal, I was merely stating a fact) and they were looking inside- at me. and after awhile, I saw they were sniggering at me. and that was when I ran out of the studio, crying.. and finally falling asleep on his school's soccer field.

…and then I woke up, realising it was all a dream.
(classic pri 6 english essay)

now back to the emotional things, I received a very sweet present from who I consider to be my most emo friend, not very emo, but still the most out of the lot- wei long. Emo's not a bad thing. To be honest, while I enjoyed the present very much (no, its not a vibrator) I had a small fear that accompanying it was gonna be a v thoughtful (and emo) message, posing me with questions like "what is our purpose in life, lynn?" But of course, it was nothing but a letter from one 17 year old to another. That's the title of the cd he burnt me by the way.

And last of all to summarise my holiday, I feel awful about what happened to shing and jon on wed nite. They definitely did not receive that kind of treatment and I feel very guilty because, if I rmb correctly, it had been my idea to club, since I always took for granted that since I could get in, they would most likely be able to too. And it never crossed my mind it could get that serious. And as much as it turned out pretty awfully, I would like to look on the bright side and say, well shing, maybe when we're 23, sitting at a bar in Zouk, we'd all look back on this incident and laugh.
And oh, I need a man in my life!

No comments: