Friday, April 07, 2006

are u sco ish?

As part of school syllabus curriculum, Im required to do 50 hrs of sport, 50hrs of service( to the community) and 50 hrs of creativity, over a span of 2 yrs. Im presently doing sch dance and ballet for creativity and horse riding for sport. For service, I'm attached to my sch's junior school (reminder: my sch's from kindergarten to jc2) to help them with art class during my spare periods. So anyway I went down to junior school today and it was awesome! They were grade 2's were totally in awe of us, ( I went down with eddie and elle) and it was cool cos we were all wearing purple but very different cos our age gap is pretty wide. And I started to bask in the kids' innocence.
Their art thing was on the theme 'Walkabilty in Monash' (monash being cos our municipality). They were supposed to draw ppl walking, promoting a healthy lifestyle and stuff…so this boy was drawing a sun and said to me…

'the sun is a boy cos its hot and the pond is a girl cos its cool'

how cuuuute was that? Obviously the boy has very cleverly observed that boys tend to be more rough and playful whereas girls were more genteel and soft…

this girl asked me when we were next coming back to help them in art class. I was like " I come fortnightly, so its not next Friday, its next next Friday' another boy asked when he heard me, " but isn’t that lucky Friday?"

"you mean Good Friday? ( good Friday is a public holiday here)
"yes. Its lucky Friday cos we don’t have to go to school'

how adorable! Omg.. and he actually rmbed the day we have a public holiday! How cute!

Another boy was like " James ( his friend) says boys are better than girls. I didn’t say that, he did. But I believe his theory' ….he actually said 'theory'.

And when I asked 'can someone pass me the green marker?' all of them rushed to get it for me… well not all of them.. but I thought it was appropriate to add that detail.

All the girls were like " are you allowed to let ur hair down (in Senior Sch)? We aren’t allowed to do that…. Why are you wearing a non-wesley headband? Why do you have nail polish on (elle had nail polish)….omg they were adorable..
Then when the teacher asked " ok! Who's ready to go?'
And all of them sat up so straight their backs arched and kept quiet. It was too cute!

Moving on, I performed a dance for sch assembly with others who r involved in the sch dance troupe thing. It was international week so we had a mix of a chinese fan dance, an indian dance and belly dance. I choreographed the fan dance from what I could rmb from css chinese dance society hahaha.. but belly dance was hard.. I was looking at my ass going " cmon butt! You can do this!shake!" and eddie was like (pointing to her chest)" oh dun worry.. these babies can shake' lol.. eddie is Jessica Edmunds but ppl here like to call you by ur last name n hers got shortened to eddie.

Omg I wached V for vendetta on Tuesday.. and OMFG it was the awesomest shit ever!!!!!! Its about.. its about!…. awww I dun wanna spoil it for you!I seriously recommend everyone to watch it- you wont regret it I promise.. if you do.. there's seriously sth wrong with u..

My sch uniform shop is ridiculous. Ok.. you noe how CSS has the bear toy in the blue uniform.. my sch as a lion beanie and it actually looks really good.. the kind you find at Palms in Singapore..they have a Wesley umbrella, Wesley pen, Wesley scarf(which im going to buy next week cos 16 degrees is freezing my booger into ice), Wesley table cloth (most likely for mums), Wesley photo album, Wesley hair band, Wesley mug, wallet, pencil case,etc.. so you can imagine every single thing is in purple n gold..

Winter uniform switch over is on easter but I'll be switching next week. My camera is spoilt so unfortunately I cant take pics of my uniform n friends ( now that I actually have friends to take pics with) yet.

No comments: