Tuesday, January 03, 2006

sweet memoirs

i've just finshed Memoirs of a Geisha. funnily, throughtout the whole novel, i dun remember having read the word 'love'. as in love for another person of the opp sex ( in a more than friends way), i dun think sayuri ever experienced love.the closest thing to 'love' in the novel was probably 'affection'.sayuri has also only been kissed once her entire life as a geisha. i really feel for her.

im pretty new at this bloggy shit but i decided to start one in the spur of a moment.juz gimme a mo to make this more presentable. im really impatient with this shit which is why my friendster acc has been stagnant for months. before i get up to saving my edited profile, i get really impatient n drop the whole idea. sweet memoirs is really what im feeling in my life right now. many of my friends r at crossroads in their life now, but somehow i seem to be a big busy junction, with lotsa round a bouts and zebra crossings.

my packing my room into carton boxes now.its heartbreaking, not to be melodramatic or anything. as my room gets emptier my heart gets heavier. not too long ago i often complained bt singapore. its weather, the sucky schools, ah pehs at the void deck, guys who cant stop starring. but now i find myself complaining abt returning to aus. i've made myself quite comfortable over the last 4 yrs. soon i'll be looking down on the streets of melb city to find it filled the leopard spots (chewing gum).. but no.. its not quite as exquisite as the spots of a leopard.. its more like measles.. the one me n jo used to draw all over our foolscap pads. she insists in tin molecules (during chem class)

i;ve packed right up to my stationery. but my closet is still full. n my full collection of make up is still with me. there's no way im packing that into a carton box! along with all my shoes n clothes! gods knows if i'll ever see them again. no, they're coming along with me in my personal luggage.

i came across a notebook. e one tt a brought to sch with blank pages. i was packing tt into a carton box n flipped thru some of d pages.. i found my drawing of jo..not bad i would say... a lil caption beside it said 'jo in geog class'. another caption in xiu hui's hand read ' jo very cute'. on the opp page was jo's drawing of me.. i looked like a lizard. xh's hand read ' lynn very ugly'. all around the border of the page in jo's hand was ' im not paying attention im not paying attention' n xh's hand was ' neither am i neither am i'..this brought back lotsa wonderful memories for me..i turn the next page only to find denise's artistic impression of annie lim or seng annie. whichever. annie's boobs were square n saggy. annie's boobs are square n saggy.

the actually reason why i flipped thru my old notebook was coz i rmb jo writing her add in there, n i wrote mine in her then notebook.i wanted to find her add so i could mail her letters from down under. under her add was ' BRING CHEM TYS!'im trying to record all my friends adds actually.i entered the date together with jo's add into my add book. she would be very honoured to know tt tt was the first time i wrote it ending with 06

No comments: